SUMMARY: Responsible for providing technical and creative design support in the development of but not limited to show set packages, attraction design, scaled models, drawings, and drawing packages depicting design and art direction for all show and scenic components of a Project. As part of the Design team assists the lead Designer or Creative Director in the development of details creatively integrating the myriad show elements, facility, equipment and elements into the overall creative environment. Utilizes various drafting techniques and tools (e.g. AutoCAD, ADOBE Graphics software, 3D software, etc.) to draw, draft and create detailed construction methods. Responsible for designing and providing technical support to project programs and budget, and for coordinating and integrating with other disciplines including but not limited to engineering, operations, and architecture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As directed by the Creative Producer, Creative Director, or the lead Designer, supports development, and assembly of show set design packages. With the design team develops design elements through various phases. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to preparing AutoCAD drawings from existing sketches, modifying existing drawings or lay outs, participating in brainstorm sessions, creating sketches, storyboards, points of view (POVs), renderings, 3D models, illustrations, drawings, plans, sections and elevations.
- Responsible for developing creative design, color boards, sketching, drafting, models and other creative output that outline solutions to integrate elements into a themed environment.
- As directed by the Creative Director, maintains the integrity on the envisioned design, preserving a cohesive design in all elements associated with the project through various phases of project development.
- As part of the team, coordinates design drawings with project partners, departments, disciplines, and personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required (examples: knowledge of specific aspects of an industry, technical knowledge and/or skills, communication skills, analytical skills, problem solving ability, multi-tasking ability…)
- Must be a creative thinker and problem solver with strong technical ability with various design techniques/tools such as show set / scenic design and drafting, 3D modeling, architectural design, and/or others. Must have strong communication and collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Fine Arts, Design, Theater, Graphics or Computer Technology or degree in other related field is preferred or combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3-5 years within attraction development environment or similar preferably within a Theme Park environment required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have successfully designed, developed and assembled several project show set design packages; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Works with limited supervision and is further expected to exercise creativity and originality based upon experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
RHETROACTIVE, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. RHETROACTIVE is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at RHETROACTIVE via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from RHETROACTIVE Talent/HR will be deemed the sole property of RHETROACTIVE. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by RHETROACTIVE as a result of the referral or through other means.
|Job Category||Architectural Design|