RHETROACTIVE is now hiring for our 2019 Summer/Fall Internship Programs!
SUMMARY: Opportunities in working with Show Set Designs and miscellaneous projects. Supporting development of Show/Ride systems equipment and testing show sets, rockwork, special effects, animated figures and lighting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will work with the design studio core team – focusing on research, creating and revising drawings.
- Review and catalog existing system equipment in our parks.
- Create and/or edit Solid works engineering models
- Perform various types of data gathering and analysis.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data during capture and input into maintenance management systems.
- Participate in the creation of functional prototypes and/or mockups.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution
- Current class standing of Sophomore or above
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (official transcripts available upon request)
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement
- Approximate dates of this internship are from January-March / April-June 2018
- Availability requirement typically includes 24-40 hours per week; Monday through Friday (may include weekends)
- Preferred majors include: Design, Architecture, Set Design, Production/Theater Design, Hospitality Design or related.
- Must have strong computer skills with Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Suite, Revit and 3D design tools
- If either a Computer Science or Computer Engineering major, then general programming knowledge (C#, Visual Basic, MatLab) is required. Basic knowledge of Linux and Ethernet networking is preferred
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have strong attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities and organization
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams
- Prior internship experience is preferred
ADDITIONAL INTERNSHIP INFORMATION: In order to be considered, a resume is required with your application and must include major, anticipated graduation date and cumulative GPA. Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
RHETROACTIVE does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
RHETROACTIVE, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. RHETROACTIVE is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at RHETROACTIVE via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from RHETROACTIVE Talent/HR will be deemed the sole property of RHETROACTIVE. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by RHETROACTIVE as a result of the referral or through other means.
|Job Category||Creative Design|