RHETROACTIVE is now hiring for our 2018 Winter/Spring Internship Programs!
SUMMARY: The Interior Design intern will work with the design studio core team on miscellaneous projects. This intern will assist and support the Creative Team in all facets, to include but not limited to support drafting, product research, rendering through multiple methods, product and interiors design development. Also included will be research of international vendors, presentation preparation, and sample procurement for multiple projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct research for source furnishings and materials from international suppliers
- Generate CAD and Revit drawings as needed
- Create Sketchup rendering as needed
- Support team in Photoshop and Adobe Suite programs (Illustrator necessary, InDesign preferred, Adobe Bridge preferred)
Render Elevations, Furnishings, Concept sketches (both hand and digital as needed)
- Preferred but not necessary: Intern will model in 3D Studio Max or Maya
- Assist in generation of Powerpoint presentations and concept reviews
- Provide general overflow support as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution
- Current class standing of Sophomore or above
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (official transcripts available upon request)
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement
- Approximate dates of this internship are from January-March / April-June 2018
- Availability requirement typically includes 24-40 hours per week; Monday through Friday (may include weekends)
- Preferred majors include: Architectural Design, Graphic Design, Interior Architecture/Design
- Preferred coursework completed: Computer Programming, Digital Design, Drafting (manual or digital), Animation, Graphic Design
- Must have a working knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Revit, Adobe Suite, Hand Sketching and SketchUp
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling, Animation or Digital Painting a plus
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior written & verbal communication skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams
- Prior internship experience is preferred
ADDITIONAL INTERNSHIP INFORMATION:
In order to be considered, a resume is required with your application and must include major, anticipated gradation date and cumulative GPA. Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
RHETROACTIVE does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. RHETROACTIVE is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at RHETROACTIVE via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from RHETROACTIVE Talent/HR will be deemed the sole property of RHETROACTIVE. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by RHETROACTIVE as a result of the referral or through other means.
|Job Category||Creative Design|