SUMMARY: Responsible for developing the facility design of specific assigned projects for RHETROACTIVE’s Studio under the direction of the Sr. Facility Design Manager. The Facility Design Manager is part of a team for a specific project established within the Creative Studio who produce the design through the Schematic level.
- Code and Standards compliance. Review the facility design developed by outside vendors, project partners and in-house teams to insure adherence to applicable building codes, typical industry standards. Work alongside the Creative teams to achieve solutions that satisfy code, standards and specifications without compromising creative intent.
- Complete architectural drawings in AutoCAD to support the creative project assigned to.
- Ensure that the creative design intent is maintained during the preparation of design documents by project partners and other outside parties by reviewing their milestone submittals.
- Partner with other partners (internal and external) to develop architectural programs that respond to their needs. Exert a critical analysis of the requested requirements in order to best meet their needs, the needs of the project.
- Partner with any outsourced Architecture and Engineering team during the concept and schematic phases of any assigned project.
- Project Reporting. Generate periodic reports regarding the responsibilities of this position and related to all projects in the development portfolio.
SCOPE: Review drawings in coordination with Creative Studio design team to ensure that the creative design intent adheres to applicable codes, industry standards and RHETROACTIVE specifications. Review the work of outside contracted architects as needed. Coordinate with other RHETROACTIVE departments and accommodate their needs and requirements within the architectural program of all assigned projects. Support the development and implementation of a structured quality control and quality assurance program that supports the production and deployment of coordinated drawing packages.
- Highly proactive and motivated.
- Ability to communicate effectively with superiors, colleagues, and staff.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a multicultural/multinational environment.
- Critical and creative thinking skills.
- Ability to analytically assess problems.
- Ability on seeing the big picture while paying attention to the smallest detail.
- Understanding of cultural, historical and environmental concerns.
- Practical and technical understanding of building codes, ordinances, materials, systems and structures.
- Negotiation skills to address multifaceted building concerns.
- Ability to mediate and administer contracts related to building design and construction services.
- Microsoft Office, Strategic Planning, Writing, Analytical Thinking, Communicate Clearly with Team, Conceptual Thinking, Computer Assisted Drawing (CAD), Hand Drawing, Conduct presentations, Creativity, Current on industry trends, Negotiate, Organization skills, Research.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management is required. Master’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: License in Architecture or Engineering preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant design and construction/project management experience is required;
- 1-3 years of document production experience for the entertainment industry is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hands-on experience working in the field and construction sites highly preferred.
- Hand and computer drawing, and drafting skills required.
- Experience with CAD, Adobe Photoshop and PowerPoint required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
RHETROACTIVE, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. RHETROACTIVE is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at RHETROACTIVE via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from RHETROACTIVE Talent/HR will be deemed the sole property of RHETROACTIVE. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by RHETROACTIVE as a result of the referral or through other means.
|Job Category||Architectural Design|