SUMMARY: Responsible for the development and management of all assigned project-related aesthetic, show and guest-experience elements. Acts as the Creative Lead on assigned projects, supervising any assigned staff and their workloads, vendors and consultants and determines strategies insuring the successful completion of all tasks and/or assignments through all aspects of design and production from original concept through final installation. Responsible for maintaining budget and schedule for assigned work. Participates in Intellectual Property owner relationship.
- Manages, interprets and communicates development of project concept and design intent. Translates and presents concept and design to a variety of audiences.
- Interfaces with and manages appropriate internal and external resources through every phase of design, production and installation. Assures appropriate guest-experience and creative intent support for internal and external contributors including development of Creative Intent Documentation, Attraction Scopes and Close-out Documentation and oversight of quality standards and design intent.
- Develops and manages strategic sourcing and staffing plans to support show development and production efforts. Makes employment decisions, including hiring, terminating and promotional recommendations. Evaluates subordinate personnel on creative, technical, leadership and interpersonal skills. Negotiates and procures outside resources as necessary.
- Develops, manages and reports status on design and production budgets schedules.
SCOPE: Responsible for the development and management of all assigned project-related aesthetic, show and guest-experience elements. In concert with creative and design staff, the Creative Producer helps to define and ensures compliance with Creative goals and intent; develops the design and oversees the production and installation of themed environments (attraction interiors, attraction exteriors, land/area development as appropriate); informs and advises Management of Project status and Issues. Acts as the Creative Lead on assigned projects, supervising any assigned staff and their workloads, vendors and consultants and determines strategies insuring the successful completion of all tasks and/or assignments through all aspects of design and production from original concept through final installation. Responsible for maintaining budget and schedule for assigned work. Participates in Intellectual Property owner relationship.
- Strong design and production portfolio.
- Knowledge of budgeting, scheduling, bid package preparation and variety of vendors.
- Knowledge of theme park technologies, including ride, A/V, robotics, engineering and various show systems.
- Knowledge of theme park related architectural, project management and production/construction practices.
- Demonstrates ability to lead staff, instill a spirit of teamwork and promote staff development.
- Makes independent choices free from immediate supervision.
- Possesses solid aesthetic sensibilities and storytelling skills to support the creative process and to facilitate communication between all disciplines.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree: Preferred, from a four year college or university in Theatrical Arts, Theme Park Associated Design, or a related field.
EXPERIENCE: Required 3-5 Years: experience in theme park design and design management. Required 5-7 Years: experience in theatrical, theme park or other media related design/production field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
RHETROACTIVE, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. RHETROACTIVE is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at RHETROACTIVE via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from RHETROACTIVE Talent/HR will be deemed the sole property of RHETROACTIVE. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by RHETROACTIVE as a result of the referral or through other means.
|Job Category||Project Management|