SUMMARY: You are responsible for overseeing and driving the full creative experience, presenting the overall vision, layout and story, and ultimately directing and establishing the creative ‘story’ for our guests. Being the Creative ‘Vision-Keeper’ allows projects to become a reality under your direction. Leading teams of highly creative project personnel helps you bring our unique experiences to life.
- Leads and directs effort to conceive, develop and define all creative aspects of assigned project that affect guest experience. (Often includes leading and encouraging early efforts to creatively explore multiple options in order to arrive at best project direction.)
- Oversees and directs the execution of all applicable project elements to ensure guest experience intent and overall quality.
- Acts as ‘vision-keeper’ for the project team. Communicates, inspires, and maintains project intent among all team-members. Drives the story for the project and evolves as necessary to maintain the creative intent and deliver the intended experience.
- Collaborates with Creative Producer to maintain the desired creative intent. Responsible for driving the creative design through all phases of the project.
- Creates and presents project materials to internal and external audiences to advocate and communicate project concept, content and status.
- Works with the Creative Producer to identify and procure talent and resources necessary to complete the project.
- Acts as project liaison as needed with internal and external partners, licensors, and intellectual property owners.
QUALIFICATIONS: Responsible for directing teams of creative project personnel such as writers, artists, directors, scenic designers, media producers, programmers, graphic designers, etc. Also responsible for identifying and directing appropriate outside vendors and consultants. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Theater, Art, Film, or Architecture is required. Master’s degree in Theater, Art, Film, or Architecture is preferred.
- Overall – designing experience based entertainment for world-class theme parks; must have 7-10 years experience designing experience-based attractions and/or lands for world-class theme parks; must have at least 5-7 years production design and field experience based on industry standards. Experience must include work on one or more “E-Ticket” attractions.
- Ability to communicate complex artistic ideas through a combination of written and visual and materials required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. RHETROACTIVE is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at RHETROACTIVE via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from RHETROACTIVE Talent/HR will be deemed the sole property of RHETROACTIVE. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by RHETROACTIVE as a result of the referral or through other means.
|Job Category||Creative Design|