SUMMARY: You are the Creative Compass in our organization and in that role you allow our guests to experience places they’ve only seen on tv and in movies. The impossible becomes reality through your imagination, artistic direction and collaborative management style. Every day you have the opportunity to create compelling, ideas that tell our guests one big story.
- Develop visual design direction and define design elements of the assigned project that affect the guest experience. This may be accomplished with many different methods, including, but not limited to; creating sketches, illustrations, models, composite imagery and image research documentation. Supervise others to develop those design ideas.
- Oversee and direct design, fabrication and installation of all on-stage project elements to ensure the creative intent is achieved as envisioned by the Creative Director. Project elements such as – architecture, scenic art, scenery, props, animation, show action, special fx, and lighting.
- Collaborate with internal talent and external vendors to execute the desired vision. Direct art related vendors and any scenic scope that requires art direction.
- In collaboration with the Creative Director, act as design ‘vision-keeper’ for the project, maintaining a cohesive design in all elements associated with the project through all phases of design and development.
- Create and present project materials to internal and external audiences to communicate project concept, content and status.
- Work with the Show Producer to identify and procure talent and resources necessary complete the project.
- Act as project liaison with internal and external partners, licensors, and intellectual property developers as needed.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Theater, Art, Film, or Architecture is required; Master’s degree in Theater, Art, Film, or Architecture is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Must have 7-10 years experience designing experience-based attractions and/or lands for world-class theme parks; must have at least 5 – 7 years production design and field experience based on industry standards. Experience must include work on one or more “E-Ticket” attractions.
Ability to communicate complex artistic ideas through a combination of written and visual and materials required. This role must have in depth knowledge of color theory, art history, scenic painting techniques, sculpture, architecture, perspective, theatrical lighting techniques and storytelling.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. RHETROACTIVE is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at RHETROACTIVE via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from RHETROACTIVE Talent/HR will be deemed the sole property of RHETROACTIVE. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by RHETROACTIVE as a result of the referral or through other means.
|Job Category||Creative Design|